If you update your Wi-Fi 6 router, such as the RAX120, to the latest firmware, you’d see the message above when you log in to its web interface. That’s because, starting today, the “Netgear Armor powered by Bitdefender” feature is available to most of Netgear’s Wi-Fi 6 solutions.
Available to most Wi-Fi 6 routers and mesh systems
Specifically, according to the networking vendor, the following devices will get the new feature:
- All Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh System, including models: RBK752 (or RBK753), RBK852 (or RBK853)
- The following router models: RAX120, RAX200, RAX80, RAX50, RAX20 and RAX15.
What’s more, by the third quarter of this year, you can expect NETGEAR Armor to also be available on Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Systems (MK62/63) via an automated firmware update. That leaves the RAX40 as the lone router that doesn’t get Armored.
Netgear Armor is a complete online protection suite that actively safeguards networks against threats, including malicious and fraudulent websites, trojans, ransomware, zero-day exploits, rootkits, and spyware. Its highlights include:
- Active Vulnerability Scans on all the connected devices in your home
- Instant Alerts that inform you via notification of detected/blocked threats.
- Web Protection helps you browse safer by alerting you and blocking potentially harmful webpages.
- Anti-theft Protection help safeguard your data in case of loss or theft (available only to Android and Windows Devices).
- Bitdefender Security software and app for iOS, MAC, Android, and Windows devices.
New feature: Bitdefender VPN
On top of that, the suite now includes a new feature called Bitdefender VPN, an easy VPN solution that keeps users safe when using public Wi-Fi. Existing users can upgrade to the latest version of the Bitdefender to gain access to the VPN function.
Each user will use the VPN feature for free with up to 200MB of encrypted data traffic per day per device. Keep in mind, though, that Netgear Armor is not free. After a 30-day trial period, it’ll cost a year subscription that starts at $69.99.
Comments are subject to approval, redaction, or removal.
It's generally faster to get answers via site/page search. Your question/comment is one of many Dong Knows Tech receives daily.
(•) If you represent a company/product mentioned here, please use the contact page or a PR channel.